Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Liberty's Kids - The Complete Series



Just what I've been waiting for -- October can't come soon enough!!
See? What did I tell ya? Patience is a virtue, and I'm absolutely willing to wait for October to get the ENTIRE series of Liberty's Kids for the far-more reasonable price of forty-four bucks!

As I've mentioned in the Teacher's Edition, this is the far better deal out there (seriously, what teacher can pay 500+ dollars for ONE show? Is PBS really that unaware of most teachers' ridiculously low salaries? I don't know . . . maybe they expect "the school" to buy it for their library or something -- but which school would pay that much cash for a six-disc DVD set?)

So . . . on with my review of the series:

I've loved this show since I first saw it back in early 2003. During AP US History, this show actually helped incite curiosity and understanding for the complex period that is the American Revolution. It's also the series that made me curious into looking into American History deeper, and reading up on the finer details of America's birth...

Homeschoolers dream for American History
As a Homeschooling mom this is been a dream come true. It provides the informations in a fun fact filled way that kids really understand what our founding fathers and our people went through to become the United States of America.
I would recommend it for kids ages 4-101! I love watching it too.
To get the complete series in one set is great because watching the individual episodes online at KEWL cartoons is hard because they only offer 5 at a time and generally out of order.
We own a few of the DVD's which were hard to find and we watch them over and over. So, I'm really thrilled to get the complete set all at once and I'll use it in my lesson plans for our Homeschool co-op too.
I know no one who buys this will be disapointed except if your a History Major or professor and you'd only be disapointed that it didn't last longer into the Civil War and the War of 1812.
Maybe they'll carry on at a later date.
My 2 cents thanks for the read.

THRILLED to have this available!
I have waited a long time for this wonderful series to come out on DVD. My son was 4 when we first saw it on PBS. He was enraptured by the story lines and the history lessons which don't seem like lessons. Thus began his fascination in history and wars (as most boys are). He is now 10 and has a reputation in school for being a history nut giving his fellow classmates "quizzes" on history details and I give Liberty's Kids the reason why he is so into history.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment