Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Erased



Far from home. Far from safe. Far from over.
The true star of this better than average espionage thriller is Belgium. Shot in Antwerp and Brussels the cities are extraordinarily beautiful, written by Arash Amel and directed by Philipp Stölzl - both of whom are young and new to the business and it shows.

Ben Logan (Aaron Eckhart in a solid performance) is an ex-CIA agent employed by a huge conglomerate Halgate and working for one of their subsidiary companies as a security engineer. He has invited his daughter Amy (Liana Liberato) to move from the US to Belgium to live with him to reconnect after a lengthy separation. Ben's job is to try to get pass security protocols, fool the eye scanners and break into safes. But overnight Ben discovers that his company, Halgate, no longer inhabits his workplace and that all evidence of Ben's existence has been erased. Slowly he discovers that there is a huge conspiracy surrounding his employer and that soon he and his daughter will become subjects of a manhunt. Ben's...

Worth the $10 to Me
I decided to rent this movie now than wait a few weeks and see it on the big screen. I enjoyed it. It's not a "Hollywood" movie. There isn't a glossy look and storyline. It's realistic and cold and despite another reviewers comment, she (the daughter) didn't whine that much. Or maybe I thought she acted like a teenager getting to know her father while missing her dead mother and living in a foreign country. I liked enough of the trailer to want to see this movie and it took me for a ride. The plot and action was enough to keep me in the picture and interested in how it would end. That is what I look for in a movie. The bonus was watching in my pj's while eating popcorn with real butter.

Is this a great movie? No. Is this a good movie? Yes, it is to me. That's why I gave it four stars. The average is a three, but you know...I may read the reviews but in the end I make up my own mind.

I didn't notice a sound problem on my iPad. I did get it...

Good spy movie
Good movie overall with good fight and tech scenes. I didn't think that the sound track was overwhelming like another user said.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment